ABBOT KINNEY WITH WARBY PARKER
WESTSIDE ADVENTURES WITH WARBY PARKER'S NEW PALM CANYON COLLECTION
, arguably LA's most gentrified yet vibrant neighborhood --
famously bequeathed it as the
Despite being a short 15 minute drive away, I don't frequent it as most Angelenos do, particularly Westsiders. This can be attributed to the fact that I often prefer quieter and more intimate social surroundings (e.g. private parties, dinner engagements and the like).
released its new
, I knew it was time to put aside my homebody habits, soak up some rays and wander onto Abbot Kinney once again to hit up my favorite spots. Here's a sampling of noteworthy boutiques and eateries that I stopped by this past weekend:
- Fantastic place to start off your sunny day. I absolutely love their elderflower proseccos as well as crisp, pear bellinis, which happens to pair quite nicely with their fish tacos. Best consumed with a fresh squeeze of lime and doused with tapatio.
- While it no longer has indie caché, Intelligentsia's soy lattes and architectural decor are reliably consistent for a worthwhile coffee break.
- With a well-curated stock of
, this is one boutique you don't want to miss. Seek out Betty if she's there. That girl's got a hunch for the best sartorial finds.
- Born and bred in Venice, this proprietary label is all about easy, velvety-soft basics with palm tree and river landscape motifs. Quintessentially LA.
- Imported from Japan, this store will bring out your inner, decor aficionado. The prices are not for the faint of heart, but there's something for everyone -- from trinkets to tchotchkes. I am particularly infatuated with their
Comme des Garçon wallet
It was nice to finally take a deserving break from work and catch the fresh ocean breeze, in what we consider to be "winter" in LA. The best part is doing all of the above while looking stylishly put together with my Italian-made, Winston shades from Warby Parker!
Photography by Martin Angulo